Your Future Career!

Have you ever wondered what you wanted to be when you grew up? Do you want to be a teacher, a doctor, or do you have no idea what you want to be when you grow up? I am going to tell you about three jobs that are very interesting and unique that you may think about doing when you grow up.

What if I told you that you could get paid for something that you need to do every day? That job would be a food critic. Food critics go to restaurants and rate the experience of the food, service, the ambiance of the restaurant, and price of the restaurant. As they are eating at the restaurant they share their experience of the restaurant by writing about it to the public. They often write for newspapers or magazines. Sometimes they even compare the food they taste to other establishments they have visited. I think this would be a fun and unique job because I like to taste food and give back constructive criticism to the restaurant to help the restaurant improve the experience for other customers.

The next job is out of this world! You guessed it, it’s being an astronaut! You may have thought when you were a kid that you would want to be an astronaut as a kid. Astronauts do many things other than just riding in rockets. For example, they do scientific experiments or even collecting samples of moon rock. That can be possible but it is very hard. In 2017 a class of eighteen thousand and three hundred people applied but only 11 were selected to become astronauts! That still doesn’t mean that is impossible because if you try really hard and are really determined, you can be an astronaut. I would want to be an astronaut because I have always wanted to do something that very few people have done.

Do you like playing video games? Well if you do there is also a job that pays you for playing video games. That job is called a videogame tester. Video game testers test games that are in the initial stages of development. The testers help find bugs or glitches in the game before it will be available by the public. Although you will have to complete all stages and levels of the game which may be difficult at times. I think this is a fun and unique job I would want to do because I like playing video games.

These are three examples of fun and unique jobs that I may want to do and might interest you as well when you grow up. Have you changed your mind on what you want to do when you grow up and thought about choosing one of these jobs, or do you still want to do the job you had originally thought of? But there is no rush because there is still many more years until you need to decide.